Discover the World's most popular folding bike.
5 reasons to buy a Brompton Bike
1. It will change the way you experience the city Let a Brompton take you anywhere - its flexibility allows you to get more out of the city, day and night. Free yourself from the confines of other forms of transport and take in the city around you. Need a change of scene? Just pop a Brompton on a plane, train or in the car to explore further afield.
2. It’s easy to fold You can transform your bike into a neatly folded, easily carried package within a few seconds. Its small size means that it is welcomed on most public transport (even during peak times) and inside buildings for safe storing. Its clever design ensures that mucky parts are kept neatly out of the way. The bike can be picked up using the grip on the saddle or towed along effortlessly using the handlebars. Watch the video to see how easy it is to fold. View the exact folded dimensions here.
3. It will pay for itself in a matter of months Save money, time and get fit. Use a Brompton to zip through traffic or as part of your commute to bring down costs and get fit at the same time. Our bikes aren't just for the daily commute though, many people use them to keep fit and explore the city and beyond. If you need any inspiration, check out some of these amazing journeys.
4. It’s built for your safety We take quality seriously, that is why each bike is built by hand by our highly qualified team at our factory in London. The small wheels and responsive handling allow you to get a quick start from stationary and swiftly guide you around potholes and other road obstacles. The upright riding position allows the rider to be fully aware of the traffic around them. For riding at night a range of lighting options can be selected on the bike, from battery powered to hub-dynamos to ensure you are seen.
5. Less chance of getting stolen Bike theft is on the rise, however you can simply take your Brompton with you. At work, home or out and about due to its compact size the Brompton is welcomed at most places and venues. You won't have the worry of leaving your bike locked up outside and the hassle of replacing a bike. If you purchase a Brompton make sure you register your bike on Brompton.com for an additional layer of security.
How it works
Choose your colours (probably the most difficult part).
Different colors are available and you can decide which color you want whilst builiding your custom Brompton. You can choose a colour for the main frame and an other color for the extremities. Or keep the same color for the whole bike! (Colors may slightly vary from picture).
Many more options are available such as the saddle and saddle height, the handlebar, mudguards and racks, frame material, suspension, tyre and lighting.
With 4 basic gearing options, plus the ability to adjust the range, the gearing can be tailored to suit the rider and terrain. From first time commuter to scaling alpine climbs, there is a gearing option for everyone.
1 SPEED - Light and simple for flat city riding
2 SPEED - One gear for hills and setting off, one for cruising. Flexible and lightweight
3 SPEED - A robust enclosed hub gear, a great choice for everyday cycling
6 SPEED - The ultimate all-rounder, for those who wish to take longer rides and challenging inclines
How do I buy my Brompton
All you need to do is follow this link: Build Your Brompton
Once your Brompton is ready, it can be shipped to our Sutton or Sheen store. Our staff will be able to assist you in your first steps. If you prefer, we can deliver the Brompton straight to your door. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch with us. (We aim to answer within 24 hours).
Examples are already shown for you here.
Don't forget, you can use your cycle to work scheme to purchase your Brompton!